• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

That 97 is so clean! I had been watching it on Craigslist too haha!

Might sell the '02 cr125 once I get the top end rebuilt, I want to get ontop of a 250 2t.

Got a pair of rad guards with stock decals for it:

SYZVIPXh.jpg

Installed a new billet gas cap that turns out to match my Yamaha racing block graphics. It's heavy, though.

Removed my rear wheel and greased the bearings because I could feel the balls when turning them with my finger. Now they are smooth as butter.

Found out I need to clean the spooge from the inside of my swingarm, too. :(

Got my Tubliss and even with the packaging it's lighter than an HD tube. Got my Shinko Cheater and in the shrink wrap it looks like a 100 not a 110. Maybe it's like their trials tire, Korean metric system.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out the cause for this sound my motor was making last weekend.

That made your 125 sound like a 4t!? Not good. From the low frequency it sounded to me like something on the heavier side that occurs at low rpm rather than high? Bad clutch shaft bearing or primary shaft in the tranny? Could be primary bearing at the crank but I'm thinking tranny.

Hope you get it sorted and am curious what it turns out to be.

Yeah that's the weirdest 2-stroke sound I've ever heard. Sounds like a diesel truck. Let us know what you find.

^^^I think something like this could be arranged, or at least a pudgy equivalent. So what's up with the 125? Think it's a crank noise?

Between yesterday and today, I've cleaned/greased the linkage/swingarm, cleaned the carb, changed the oil and tried to clean the filter, but ended up splitting it on a seam since it's so old. Ordered a couple filters, clutch cable and a steel rear sprocket. It should be rideable this weekend, buuuuuut I may wait and ride the 4t instead.

^Nice to see somebody cleans his bike before doing motor work, even if it is just pulling the motor.

I pulled my Shinko Trail Pro off and cleaned my rim, which was not easy because of the duct tape rim strip. I drilled the 11mm hole for the Tubliss and realized I already had an extra hole I could have enlarged. I applied the Tubliss rim tape and I'll start with the liner and bladder (it's a tube!) tomorrow or this weekend.

I can't make it to Stony, I've got to work a shooting thang. Butch should have run it by me first.

Last edited:
^^^I think something like this could be arranged, or at least a pudgy equivalent. So what's up with the 125? Think it's a crank noise?

Between yesterday and today, I've cleaned/greased the linkage/swingarm, cleaned the carb, changed the oil and tried to clean the filter, but ended up splitting it on a seam since it's so old. Ordered a couple filters, clutch cable and a steel rear sprocket. It should be rideable this weekend, buuuuuut I may wait and ride the 4t instead.

Dude, congrats on that beauty! SWEEET!!!!:thumbup:ride:party

Thanks buddy, can't wait to ride it. Both chain adjusters were seized and broke, so that's going to be fun. :/

Thanks buddy, can't wait to ride it. Both chain adjusters were seized and broke, so that's going to be fun. :/

That happened on one side of my xrr. Dennis at Norman Racing in Berkeley fixed mine up no problem. He cut out the bolts with a cutting wheel grinder thingy and then tig welded aluminum to fill the hole where he cut out the bolt and then drilled and tapped a new hole for the new adjuster bolt. I can't remember what he charged but it was totally fair. Good luck with it.

He cut out the bolts with a cutting wheel grinder thingy and then tig welded aluminum to fill the hole where he cut out the bolt

Watch out doing this, it will work but the weld area as well as the weld metal will be much softer than originally. This means the threads for the adjusters are even more prone to stretching and seizing. You're better off to try and cut off the bolt head, drill out the bolt to the minimum diameter (root diameter) then re-tap the swingarm. The small amount of bolt left in the threads will get cut out by the tap.

Installed the Tubliss system on my Warp 9 18" rear.

IMG_20161022_130034053-L.jpg

I had a lot of dings in the rim that I sanded down to prevent damaging the Tubliss bladder and/or liner when installing. Which was a piece of cake, BTW. The next step was more difficult and I cursed their video for cheating with a large tire to make it look easy pushing the rim down into the tire. The last step, levering the tire on, I think was easier than with a tube.

With a Shinko Holeshot H.T. 505 Cheater tire. No kidding, that's what it says on the sidewall.

IMG_20161022_130056464-L.jpg

I did the sidewall test by sitting it upright on the ground and stepping on the inside. It flexed a lot. The knobs are also soft and flexy, with a soft-intermediate pattern. The width is right on for a 110.

I re-installed the wheel, tightened the chain a bit, re-installed the silencer and side panel, reset the air screw, and it's ready for a test ride.

Took a picture of my billet gas cap. I don't go for bling stuff but the Clarke original plastic cap cracked and I figure billet won't crack.

IMG_20161022_130440139-L.jpg

Did some maintenance and repair on the YZ after Moab to ensure I'm ready for Stonybarf.

Had a crack on my helmet visor and decided I should get a new one. It was then I realized my Fox Tracer Pro helmet is over a decade old, and visors for it are scarcer than chicken lips. The 90's called and wanted it back.

So time to get a new flash lid. After deciding on the Fox V1 with Mako color way..... I found it was out of stock everywhere online including Fox direct in size XL. :(

Swung into Hilside Honda Yamaha in Lakeport on my way to the city to order a couple of misc parts before leaving.... And I see a number of Mako's on the shelf and one in my size! It was meant to be.

I feel very lucky to be able live part of the week in such an amazing dirt bike heaven AND have a local shop that actually stocks so much dirt bike gear and parts. And my new helmet is the flashiest I've ever owned. I'm ready for next years MXON. :teeth

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 25
4 for 1 Carwash
1019160948a-XL.jpg

1019160948-XL.jpg

I've actually gotta tighten the chain on Wall-E, it was mega loose at Jawbone Canyon.

Last edited:
In preparation for Stonybarf, I fixed the sticky throttle on the 250x and installed an aluminum throttle body. Still needed to cut off the end even though it had a removable end cap because it was too long by about a 1/2 inch.

Came home to a letter from the usps saying that found my missing cylinder head box at the Bell Gardens postal black hole. The cylinder wasnt in the box but they did find the empty box and now I can tell them what was in it and hope they find it. Sent them pics of the cylinder. Of course I've already replaced it and the bike is up and running, but it would be nice if the usps found my other one so I have a spare. Wish me luck!

Back