• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Finally, brought my husky310 into the dealer to get fixed, since crapping out on last year's October moonrocks group ride. And last weekend conveniently abandoned my 380 KTM at Knoxville. Doing a rescue mission this weekend in the rain.:rolleyes:thumbup

Finally, brought my husky310 into the dealer to get fixed, since crapping out on last year's October moonrocks group ride. And last weekend conveniently abandoned my 380 KTM at Knoxville. Doing a rescue mission this weekend in the rain.:rolleyes:thumbup

Oh dang, did you get it today? I see in your sig you have a '99 cr250, how do you like the chassis? The 97-99 are supposed to be the worst ever, but I'm having a hard time believing it.

Nope I picked up my husky from the dealer though. Tomorrow my brother and I will get the KTM out. The cr is sweet. Roomy and light. Supposedly, the 99 is the best motor with all around power. It transmits vibration a little more than the 380, but isn't bad once you are used to it. The only other cr I have ridden is a 94 and first gen 97 alum frame. The 97 and 99 are basically the same other than power band.

Got my bike out, it was a bitch and a half. Then had to do a hill climb out that made those sissy climbs we did on last year's moonrocks trip seem like bunny slopes. I one shoted it and almost got tossed off the cliff at the top.....it was awesome. My brother saved my ass and my bike. My rigging could have used some pulleys and it would have been much better....to much friction with the rope I used and the carabiniers

Sounds like a solid little adventure! You were wishing for pulleys, sounds like she went a bit off trail? I don't know what the rain was like at Knoxville, but out around Auburn a couple hours ago was some of the heaviest rain I can remember in recent years. Must have made it challenging.

Thanks for the info on the cr250. I picked up a '97 that looks like it has a handful of rides on it. Pretty excited to get it trail ready. :ride

You gonna make it to Stony?

Washed my bike in the rain. I had to clean up this mess, plus a couple more days of riding with the spooge leaking on the swingarm.

IMG_0500-L.jpg

It was about twice as much as pictured. Plus the silencer, caliper/guard, and wheel/spokes.

Turbine type spark arrestors suck on smokers. I kind of want to install an internal screen to the stocker and then use the CNC to add "USFS blah blah blah"...

Almost got a crf250x today - but common sense took hold. Already have a bunch of things with motors to take care of, why get another.

Cleaned my dirty air filter, replaced it with a freshly oiled filter.

Pulled apart my silencer and found a spoogey mess. Threw out the old packing, cleaned everything, repacked it, and resealed it with red high-temp RTV.

Ordered a billet fuel cap to replace my cracked Clarke cap. Apparently they crack, it's a Clarke thing.

Ordered a Tubliss and a tire.

Picked up a 1997 CR250 last week. Looks like it has maybe a handful of rides on it, can't believe it lasted two weeks on Craigslist. I'm almost bummed that it's so clean, feels like I shouldn't ride it. Don't see too many 20yo dirty bikes like this anymore.

r7MuMeI.jpg

tGf2wix.jpg

929xaoY.jpg

Yeah the 90's flo red was so hawt. I swear that front fender could get you home at night.

Aww, give the gang big french kisses and aggressive gropes for me. :p

Holy cow that CR is clean!

Washed my bike in the rain. I had to clean up this mess, plus a couple more days of riding with the spooge leaking on the swingarm.

IMG_0500-L.jpg

It was about twice as much as pictured. Plus the silencer, caliper/guard, and wheel/spokes.

That seems like really excessive spooge. I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to cover your swingarm. Do you have it jetted super rich on purpose or what?

byke that 97 CR250 is so clean because it killed its owner and nobody has ridden it since. First gen alu perimeter frame, roadrace stiff. First gen Showa twin chamber forks, stiff damping. The combination would just randomly throw me to the ground. Not often.

dub, poorly sealed silencer leaking. Moab required airscrew tuning, going richer, despite the warm temps. WTF?

I got a Tubliss and Shinko Cheater today. Cheater auto clutch, cheater rear tire, hell yeah.

I got a Tubliss and Shinko Cheater today. Cheater auto clutch, cheater rear tire, hell yeah.

I've been thinking about trying the cheater, but I have read that the carcass is not stiff enough to support the low pressures that the Tubliss affords. I'll be interested to hear your experience.
I still can't get away from the Sedona 907. It's construction is just so well suited to Tubliss that it works excellent. And it's dirt cheap. I run 5psi in it and never feel like I'm riding on a squishy tire, it just hooks up great.

byke that 97 CR250 is so clean because it killed its owner and nobody has ridden it since. First gen alu perimeter frame, roadrace stiff. First gen Showa twin chamber forks, stiff damping. The combination would just randomly throw me to the ground. Not often.

Haha, yeah, I've read the horror stories. I have a rubber mount triple on order to help with vibration and am going to look at installing the forks/shock from a CRF450 after riding it a little bit. If it's still no good, I'd probably look for a 2000-2002 roller.

Did that cr come out of a showroom......geez that's clean.
Idk if the shock off my 99 are the same or not, but mine are super plush since I serviced them last.

Back