• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

I took it to Hollister.

What?

It was in the dirt. That makes it a dirt bike. :x

I buttoned up the Baja kit, installed the new CALIFORNIA PLATE!!!!!

Cleaned and oiled the air filter element, rode it up and down the street and honked the horn :banana

I buttoned up the Baja kit, installed the new CALIFORNIA PLATE!!!!!

Cleaned and oiled the air filter element, rode it up and down the street and honked the horn :banana

Woot Woot, another dual sport is born!

Not so much anymore. Darn thing got bent up pretty bad falling off the stand because I forgot to kick it up when the bike was on the bucket. Boo! I bent it so it kind of works but definitely the mount is jacked up.

My XRL kickstand got bent from me tipping over only to lead to a much more public tip-over at the gas station I'm sure you will recall!

I'm cutting down that stupid kickstand leg, it's just too long.

My XRL kickstand got bent from me tipping over only to lead to a much more public tip-over at the gas station I'm sure you will recall!

I'm cutting down that stupid kickstand leg, it's just too long.

I'm taking mine off and just going to leave it leaning against something or lay it on the ground. :rofl

Lead guy remind you of anybody? I thought the resemblance is uncanny, even though I've only met him once.

[YOUTUBE]A1PEVL-__Z4[/YOUTUBE]

And, I switched the bike back to dirt duty today.

Attachments

• dirtside.jpg
    dirtside.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I'm taking mine off and just going to leave it leaning against something or lay it on the ground. :rofl

I think I wrote a thread about "do you really need a kickstand?" a long time ago. My So went through a phase of removing the kickstands because he thought they were weak. Got yelled at by a Starbucks manager in Davis for leaning the bike against a light post on the sidewalk. :laughing

I think I wrote a thread about "do you really need a kickstand?" a long time ago. My So went through a phase of removing the kickstands because he thought they were weak. Got yelled at by a Starbucks manager in Davis for leaning the bike against a light post on the sidewalk. :laughing

AHAHHA! No starbucks for me. Rarely does the bike go anywhere on the street. Let alone star bucks so I should be okay. :)

Rode it at Hollister this morning following a brief rain shower....
Today was the last day to ride a red sticker two stroke until Oct 1st...:thumbdown
a1scoot:teeth

Installed a conventional kill switch, rerouted some wiring, added a couple stickers to the ATK.

Cant bring myself to give up my 2014 for a 2002.....
a1scoot:twofinger

3f323f3dbe96e44d9c37aa225cb315c9.jpg

To be honest I don't really enjoy the riding during the summer months anyway...
I usually ride after or during some rain when the dirt gets good.
a1scoot:ride

I spooned some knobbies onto my new-to-me 2015 Zero FX yesterday. This morning I took it to Metcalf to see what kind of real world trail riding range I could expect.

Ybvwxo.jpg

As it turns out, the range today was 5 miles.

I still had lots of juice left in the battery, but I managed to snap the belt. I went over a small jump and was just hitting the throttle as I landed when it broke. I guess I know why Zero recommends doing the chain conversion for offroad riding. :laughing

Oops
8rrmG1.jpg

I'm not a professional mechanic, but I think I found the issue:

KNPQ74.jpg

On the plus side, I did get a pretty good workout pushing the bike back to the parking lot. :laughing

Last edited:
Oh man! that sucks

Back