• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

YOUNG RIDER HERE IN NEED OF HELP! :)

Which bike..?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont listen to what anyone says about sticking to a 250, if you think you can handle a 600, go for it. As far as which bike is the better deal, choose whichever you will be happy with a year down the road.

I'll bite. When is the last time that happened?

Hmm. Lets see, just last month I was on 880 riding a wheelie when Mr.CHP showed up to ruin my fun and get me in big trouble. Now... you are telling me that if I was riding a 250, i would've been able to accelerate out of that trouble? I think not!

:teeth

Hmm. Lets see, just last month I was on 880 riding a wheelie when Mr.CHP showed up to ruin my fun and get me in big trouble. Now... you are telling me that if I was riding a 250, i would've been able to accelerate out of that trouble? I think not!
:teeth
half-trollface.jpg

As you many have gathered from young Master Khan's appearance and sudden disappearance, he appeared to have decided that BARFers weren't his cup 'o tea and went away. Too bad, really, as he certainly stirred the pot a bit.

But, Los Gatos is a small town, and Los Gatos High a small(ish) school, so it's hard to hide your tomfoolery. I thought y'all would be interested to hear that I have it on good authority the young padawan is now bike-less after getting caught wheeling his R6 down a residential street in town. He even posted a picture of the cop that wrote him up, and impounded the bike, on his Facebook page. :rofl

So, kudos to all of you who recommended the 250. It seems like in this case that would have been the more prudent choice. At least he didn't bury himself in the side of a Prius. :thumbup

As you many have gathered from young Master Khan's appearance and sudden disappearance, he appeared to have decided that BARFers weren't his cup 'o tea and went away. Too bad, really, as he certainly stirred the pot a bit.

But, Los Gatos is a small town, and Los Gatos High a small(ish) school, so it's hard to hide your tomfoolery. I thought y'all would be interested to hear that I have it on good authority the young padawan is now bike-less after getting caught wheeling his R6 down a residential street in town. He even posted a picture of the cop that wrote him up, and impounded the bike, on his Facebook page. :rofl

So, kudos to all of you who recommended the 250. It seems like in this case that would have been the more prudent choice. At least he didn't bury himself in the side of a Prius. :thumbup

Gold. Coulda been worse. At least it was only his wallet(if that?) and ego that were hurt.

Honestly, if this followup had been "he got his bike impounded while wheelying his 250R", I'd have been mad impressed and might have chipped in for the impound fee. At least that would be evidence of him learning some good bike control. Oh well.

Last edited:
I was told by the OP himself it was for "going a little too fast" and turning onto a street you are not allowed to turn left on during commute hours. And I have seen the picture described above.

Where did you hear it was for wheelieing? He actually asked me for tips on how to wheelie the other day, I told him "seat time".

I was under the impression it was a relatively minor traffic stop but he lost the bike because he had no paperwork, due to riding the bike without his parents permission (spare key).

Why are you so worried about letting this great deal slip away? neither bike is an amazing price. I see this kind of deal everyday. It's obvious you have no mechanical knowledge of bikes, so why don't you just wait, learn to actually ride, and maybe learn something about bikes and then you'll know what to actually look for when buying a bike. Just your first desciption of riding an r6 tells me you are nowhere near ready to ride one. I dont even know if you should be on a 250 at fifteen.

Another funny note, when he asked me for advice on wheelies and I told him just give it time and to come ride with me and I'd show him a thing or two he mentioned something along the lines of... "cool thanks man, I just want to learn what LOOKS COOL"

Pretty clear why he wanted an R6... But who am I to talk, I bought one when I was 16 :twofinger.

I wish I had started on a 250... Would've felt like a rocket compared to what I learned on.

Another funny note, when he asked me for advice on wheelies and I told him just give it time and to come ride with me and I'd show him a thing or two he mentioned something along the lines of... "cool thanks man, I just want to learn what LOOKS COOL"

I was just about to ask you if he ever asked for real help. I figured you might be the only person he would listen to, given your age, experience, etc. Oh well.

I was told by the OP himself it was for "going a little too fast" and turning onto a street you are not allowed to turn left on during commute hours. And I have seen the picture described above.

Where did you hear it was for wheelieing? He actually asked me for tips on how to wheelie the other day, I told him "seat time".

I was under the impression it was a relatively minor traffic stop but he lost the bike because he had no paperwork, due to riding the bike without his parents permission (spare key).

I got the information from my son. He could certainly be wrong about the actual cause. Or Zach could be in denial... Either way, he's off the street for a while, it appears. Which seems like A Good Thing(TM).

Why are you so worried about letting this great deal slip away? neither bike is an amazing price. I see this kind of deal everyday. It's obvious you have no mechanical knowledge of bikes, so why don't you just wait, learn to actually ride, and maybe learn something about bikes and then you'll know what to actually look for when buying a bike. Just your first desciption of riding an r6 tells me you are nowhere near ready to ride one. I dont even know if you should be on a 250 at fifteen.

wormwood said:
I'ld go with the Honda.

Really? Did y'all even read the latest posts? :facepalm

now I know where I went wrong :facepalm

my objective should've been ; "I just want to learn what looks cool ! "

poor him...hope he gets his bike back and get back into riding soon.

ohwait, this wasn't a crash post.

Didn't read your sig line...

"Here to spread peace and love like strawberry jam all over teh barf. :love"

Oh boy... just :facepalm

I don't think they impound just for going a little over the speed limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back