• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

YOUNG RIDER HERE IN NEED OF HELP! :)

Which bike..?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
teenager take higher risks. no wonder why insurance cost a fortune. I'm glad that he is no longer riding, at least for now.

guys at what post number did this start getting good again?
When you posted, honey.
attachment.php

If we were in ancient Greece, that kid would've been tossed off a cliff already..! :rolleyes

Thanks.

Hang in there kiddo. The ninjette is a shitty bike to ride daily so don't get that. Yours and every failed new motorcyclists problem is your right hand.

I started off on super fast dangerous bikes and became a great rider on them. I just had the sense and self control that you'll hopefully get soon.

I was told by the OP himself it was for "going a little too fast" and turning onto a street you are not allowed to turn left on during commute hours. And I have seen the picture described above.

Where did you hear it was for wheelieing? He actually asked me for tips on how to wheelie the other day, I told him "seat time".

I was under the impression it was a relatively minor traffic stop but he lost the bike because he had no paperwork, due to riding the bike without his parents permission (spare key).

the reason the cop pulled me over in the first place was for making an illegal right turn onto that street off of lark(right before classic carwash). from there he told me i had 08' registration, no proof of licence/insurance, i was speeding(front tire BARELY came up, maybe and inch or two, but that is no excuse). my mom took the bike away from me, and my dad offered to take it off my hands for 5200(my parents are divorced). i promised my mom i wouldnt do anything stupid on it. after that experience there is no way in hell i would fuck it up by breaking the law. theres my story.

EDIT: i wasnt supposed to be riding until school started anyway. that would give me 2 more months,(in addition to the 2.5 i had already been driving), to get experience on the 250 rebel. also, i would have to get good grades.

Last edited:
the reason the cop pulled me over in the first place was for making an illegal right turn onto that street off of lark(right before classic carwash). from there he told me i had 08' registration, no proof of licence/insurance, i was speeding(front tire BARELY came up, maybe and inch or two, but that is no excuse). my mom took the bike away from me, and my dad offered to take it off my hands for 5200(my parents are divorced). i promised my mom i wouldnt do anything stupid on it. after that experience there is no way in hell i would fuck it up by breaking the law. theres my story.

EDIT: i wasnt supposed to be riding until school started anyway. that would give me 2 more months,(in addition to the 2.5 i had already been driving), to get experience on the 250 rebel. also, i would have to get good grades.

So you're getting the bike back someday? Going to give you some advice. If you want to look cool, keep the R6. If you want to become a fast (track or street) rider and someday BE (not look...) cool, buy something else. I had an 05 R6 which is an even more street oriented model than your's and I can tell you with 100 percent honesty that while I now wish I still had the R6 (for the track) I would not be half the rider I am now if I hadn't sold it for the Buell.

There are dozens of bikes with less overall HP but more grunt down low, meaning they're actually faster on the street, as well as having more comfortable street oriented riding positions. You can ride an R6 quickly on the street but IMHO for a newer rider its a very steep learning curve to be comfortable using short clip on bars to create enough force to properly turn a motorcycle.

PS: The weather here in Willows is fantastic, you should've taken me up on my offer and rented a 250! Brian is up here with a whole trailer of them.

So you're getting the bike back someday? Going to give you some advice. If you want to look cool, keep the R6. If you want to become a fast (track or street) rider and someday BE (not look...) cool, buy something else. I had an 05 R6 which is an even more street oriented model than your's and I can tell you with 100 percent honesty that while I now wish I still had the R6 (for the track) I would not be half the rider I am now if I hadn't sold it for the Buell.

There are dozens of bikes with less overall HP but more grunt down low, meaning they're actually faster on the street, as well as having more comfortable street oriented riding positions. You can ride an R6 quickly on the street but IMHO for a newer rider its a very steep learning curve to be comfortable using short clip on bars to create enough force to properly turn a motorcycle.

PS: The weather here in Willows is fantastic, you should've taken me up on my offer and rented a 250! Brian is up here with a whole trailer of them.

by the time i got your message it was too late! if i had 3-4 days to prepare i would be there now with all of you. yes i got my bike, and i dont think im selling it anytime soon. ill just be the best rider, and learn to the best of my ability with the R6. when are you getting back? i might be able to ride if my moms alright with me taking her out.

by the time i got your message it was too late! if i had 3-4 days to prepare i would be there now with all of you. yes i got my bike, and i dont think im selling it anytime soon. ill just be the best rider, and learn to the best of my ability with the R6. when are you getting back? i might be able to ride if my moms alright with me taking her out.

How did you afford said bike?

if we had tiered licensing we wouldn't be having this conversation.

why do we have to be soo cool, yet, so fucked up all at the same time. As a country, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back