• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

YOUNG RIDER HERE IN NEED OF HELP! :)

Which bike..?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... you saved up your lunch money?

birthday, christmas, random 20 here and there when you go out with friends. i always put most of my money into the bank.

He has enough impulse control to save up $4k with no job, but not enough impulse control not to wheelie a bike past a cop.

Riiiiight.

im not here to convince you i saved up for my bike. getting 1k a year isn't ridiculously impossible.. anyways. i had enough drive to want a car/motorcycle(if my parents would let me). thats how i saved up. on the bike i was just emotional, didn't see the cop. for the fourth time, we learn from our mistakes.

Leaving all the "you little punk" bashing out altogether, of all the different motorcycles availible, why the R6 in particular?

(I'll be UncuKahn)

Sooo, theoretically speaking, if there was no cop, then you didn't do anything wrong?

Sooo, theoretically speaking, if there was no cop, then you didn't do anything wrong?

if there was no cop i would probably still speed once in a while. now i dont alltogether

Leaving all the "you little punk" bashing out altogether, of all the different motorcycles availible, why the R6 in particular?

(I'll be UncuKahn)

i wanted a sportbike, and my neighbor had the 06' raven. he let me ride it and i loved it.

i wanted a sportbike, and my neighbor had the 06' raven. he let me ride it and i loved it.

I'll stop telling you to buy a different bike when you do one thing, admit you bought it to look cool.

And to answer your other question, I will be back tomorrow night but I don't know how long until I get street tires put back on the bike, going to be busy getting ready to get back to school.

Oh and have fun never speeding, might as well just take off the shifter lever, you won't need 2nd-6th gear.

hahaha:twofinger. ill admit i do other things to look cool, sure. but the motorcycle is purely me loving to ride:ride. thats the truth.

If you truly just loved to ride you would've chosen something suited to your riding style. This bike is simply not.

If you truly just loved to ride you would've chosen something suited to your riding style. This bike is simply not.

well i wont argue with you. you know more than i do when it comes to bikes.:nerd this bike fits my style of riding perfectly. it may be 70-90 HP over, but the bike is my style.

well i wont argue with you. you know more than i do when it comes to bikes.:nerd this bike fits my style of riding perfectly. it may be 70-90 HP over, but the bike is my style.

I agree the bike fits your style, but not your riding style. Until you are out dragging knee (oh wait, you don't speed, and haven't been to the track yet), it only fits your STYLE, not your riding style. I believe that is called looking cool.

I assure you you'd have ten times more fun riding something with a lower power band (not even less power necessarily, think a liter bike twin), more suspension travel and handle bars. Might not look as cool though :p

:rofl

You knowwwwww, with that much overage HP; you could build a second bike.

I agree the bike fits your style, but not your riding style. Until you are out dragging knee (oh wait, you don't speed, and haven't been to the track yet), it only fits your STYLE, not your riding style. I believe that is called looking cool.

I assure you you'd have ten times more fun riding something with a lower power band (not even less power necessarily, think a liter bike twin), more suspension travel and handle bars. Might not look as cool though :p

Won't help you now, but OP, there is huge value in just riding a lot of bikes. Take some bikes out for a test ride, see if friends will let you ride theirs etc. You'll be amazed, and much of the advice in this thread will begin to make sense. The trick is, very few people are willing to let someone of your age, and especially of your age and sex (read: testosterone factory) anywhere near their bike (statistics are fairly damning in this department).

But something to consider. Have fun, and here's to hoping you make it long enough to sample 15 bikes! :Port

Won't help you now, but OP, there is huge value in just riding a lot of bikes. Take some bikes out for a test ride, see if friends will let you ride theirs etc. You'll be amazed, and much of the advice in this thread will begin to make sense. The trick is, very few people are willing to let someone of your age, and especially of your age and sex (read: testosterone factory) anywhere near their bike (statistics are fairly damning in this department).

But something to consider. Have fun, and here's to hoping you make it long enough to sample 15 bikes! :Port

+1! While I agree it may be tough to find people willing to let you take their rides for spins, it can be done. I have had the chance to sample a few really interesting bikes over the years, whether it be from someone I ride with often (mutual trust) to a really nice guy I met at a Buell dealer who let me take his FZR1000 out for a quick spin when I mentioned I'd never ridden a liter I4!

You're welcome to take my Buell out for a spin whenever we get the chance to ride together. You just have to let me ride the R6 and if you break the Buell its yours ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back