• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Fight Your Traffic Ticket In California - Save Loads Of Money - Tutorial

Another little flaw here is that post #1 appears to be, in part, a copyright violation of ticketassassin.com.

Why fight it? Is time of day in the law? ie It's OK to run red lights at certain times of day? No.

Red light cameras can be FLAT OUT WRONG.

4 things have to happen for them to be valid.

* Picture of vehicle and red light before the vehicle enters the intersection

* Picture of vehicle and red light with vehicle in the intersection

* Photo of the driver

* I believe there is a min required time a yellow needs to be on before a red can engage.

* Photo of the driver

* I believe there is a min required time a yellow needs to be on before a red can engage.

also...there needs to be a sign posted within 200 feet warning you of the camera...won one ticket this way using screenshots from google maps :party

* Photo of the driver

But the poster doesn't mention any of that - his/her reason for wanting off the hook was "it's a saturday morning!" and "there was no traffic!" neither of which make running a red OK.

This whole thread is about nitpicking the details of laws to get out of paying tickets instead of understanding the principles behind the laws. Pedestrians and other road users die all the time because of red light runners - that's why it's against the law to do it.

I pay my tickets if I'm in the wrong. Do my traffic school. Wearing my big girl panties, like a grown woman.

Last edited:
But the poster doesn't mention any of that - his/her reason for wanting off the hook was "it's a saturday morning!" and "there was no traffic!" neither of which make running a red OK.

This whole thread is about nitpicking the details of laws to get out of paying tickets instead of understanding the principles behind the laws. Pedestrians and other road users die all the time because of red light runners - that's why it's against the law to do it.

I pay my tickets if I'm in the wrong. Do my traffic school. Wearing my big girl panties, like a grown woman.

I was on Harrison to make a right turn onto 5th street. I did stop, very briefly, to get a good look down 5th and also see if there were cars getting off the off ramp. There was no traffic, the intersection was totally empty. No jaywalkers!

On a regular workday there is a ton of traffic at this intersection. On Saturdays its not until noon or so when everyone wants to go up 5th and make a right turn on Market. So I didn't just blow through the intersection, and it wasn't a "California" stop. My forward momentum did cease, just not for very long.

Can someone explain what the "Red Sec" box in the upper right hand conner of the citation is referring to? Whatever its referring to, it shows .8 sec.

Cheers!

If you really want to nitpick about it, the poster only mentioned what the date, time and traffic conditions. Doesn't actually state that's their reason for contesting it.

Some people really truly believe they ran a red light, both of mine were tossed because I request the images (which they dont always send you at 1st). I just got a correspondence back saying it was dismissed.

I was on Harrison to make a right turn onto 5th street. I did stop, very briefly, to get a good look down 5th and also see if there were cars getting off the off ramp. There was no traffic, the intersection was totally empty. No jaywalkers!

On a regular workday there is a ton of traffic at this intersection. On Saturdays its not until noon or so when everyone wants to go up 5th and make a right turn on Market. So I didn't just blow through the intersection, and it wasn't a "California" stop. My forward momentum did cease, just not for very long.

Can someone explain what the "Red Sec" box in the upper right hand conner of the citation is referring to? Whatever its referring to, it shows .8 sec.

Cheers!

Most red light cameras work in the sense they measure your speed rate vs ability to stop. So if you are travelling at 30 mph and are 5 feet from entering the intersection on a red light, you would trigger the camera.

Red light cameras were NOTORIOUS for triggering on right hand turners. I believe those get tossed considering it is legal in most places to make a right on a red once you have completed a stop.

I cited with a violation to CVC 22350 by traveling at 68 MPH in a 50 MPH zone. I believe that I was traveling between 50 MPH and 60 MPH at the time and believe that my speed was safe for prevailing conditions.

Should i put the following in my TBD "I believe that I was traveling between 50 MPH and 60 MPH at the time and believe that my speed was safe for prevailing conditions."

I cited with a violation to CVC 22350 by traveling at 68 MPH in a 50 MPH zone. I believe that I was traveling between 50 MPH and 60 MPH at the time and believe that my speed was safe for prevailing conditions.

Should i put the following in my TBD "I believe that I was traveling between 50 MPH and 60 MPH at the time and believe that my speed was safe for prevailing conditions."

Hell no. You don't want to admit to speeding, and that by itself not a defense. You want to research defenses that might actually work in court given the particulars of your situation. See ticketassassin.com and/or the Nolo book that I referenced earlier in this thread.

So let me get this straight. When you get your citation in the mail, to request trial by written declaration you have to send the total bail amount with the request?

And when you receive the declaration forms, thats when you write your defense and mail it back?

How about just not doing stupid shit and avoid getting a ticket in the first place?

:laughing

PS: tl;dr

It has been working for me since 1997.

Okay, there were a few times I should have gotten one back in the days, but not anymore. Hell, I even stop at stop signs at 3 AM on my bicycle, which sucks :(

I got a camera red light violation a week ago. It's flippin $480! Not gonna contest since I was guilty of actually doing it, but damn weren't red light violations like $280 a few years ago? Why so high?

They can be successfully defended. Takes some effort, but...
DISMISSED-CHECK.jpg

Got a ticket for supposedly crossing the double yellow lines. IT CAN BE DONE!

Attachments

• Ticket Refund.jpg
    Ticket Refund.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 30
It's between this and going to my homies California Traffic Defenders again (2/2 success with them so far when it comes to speeding).

Well I paid my camera light ticket. It came out to $547 ($480 + $67 admin fee to process traffic school). I also paid the traffic school (online) $19. All in all, just shy of $600.

I received the citation, saw the pictures, watched the video and I CLEARLY ran the red light. Not denying it. The only thing I'm concerned about is the yellow light timing being off. How would you be able to prove this had I decided to contest?

Also, I was afraid that if I contested, my rights to traffic school goes away. Is this true?

Wait, I thought automatic red light tickets are no point infractions.

Back