• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Solo trip to Baja by bike...plane ride back...NSFW due to animal carnage!

Thanks for sharing the story of your adventure with us! :thumbup

If you ever set up a donation account, I'll happily kick down some duckets for a new motor for Don Julio. :thumbup

Wow, what an amazing story. That Mexican family was so cool! :thumbup Glad everything worked out for you.

BTW I'm driving to San Felipe next month, 4 people in a corolla. Not sure I can fit a motor in the car, and it seems like kinda far from there, but I could possibly bring something down for Don Julio. I'd love to meet that BARF hero!!!

Last edited:
I'm also in on teh mortor thing.

bummer. and awesome, all at the same time. :D

for future reference, more gas in the sand, less gas when there are animals around. :p

Wow, what an amazing story. That Mexican family was so cool! :thumbup Glad everything worked out for you.

BTW I'm driving to San Felipe next month, 4 people in a corolla. Not sure I can fit a motor in the car, and it seems like kinda far from there, but I could possibly bring something down for Don Julio. I'd love to meet that BARF hero!!!

Yeah it's far....420 miles...thx though!

Would it be cheaper to buy the motor in Mexico? I'd also be happy to chip in.

Daniel

Great story. I hope others going to Baja play it a lot safer and do some research. Riding at night, alone can turn a small issue into risk of life. Try San Jose Del Cabo for a much less touristy place.

Great story. I hope others going to Baja play it a lot safer and do some research. Riding at night, alone can turn a small issue into risk of life. Try San Jose Del Cabo for a much less touristy place.

AGREED! pay attention to this. Do not ride at night. It is definitely russian roulette. All my flashbacks of this trip are of the night rides and what could have happened, not of striking the goat.

I was actually in SJ Del Cabo I found out. Still hated it. Going to a foreign country, laying around, and not learning anything does nothing for me but everyone is different.

Would it be cheaper to buy the motor in Mexico? I'd also be happy to chip in.

Daniel

I am not sure. I am not looking to cut any corners on buying the motor. I would be really really really embarrassed if I got him a piece of junk.

Wow man that's a hell of an adventure! It sucks about the bike but I'm glad you made it back in one piece, I can kick in a few bucks for the motor too if you decide to go that route.

OK Dan, teh BARF hath spoken... Let us know and we'll chip in to buy the family the motor. I'm in. ;) :thumbup

Thanks for all the props and the offers to donate to the 22R motor fund. Let me sit on it for a while and I will advise later on down the road. I wont be able to get down there for a little bit anyway. I hope to make it down there before Barfistan though.

On a side note, here are pics of my helmet....Suomy Spec1R Makoto Tamada model
I got really attached to this color scheme and it is one of my all time favorites.
I am ready to chuck it if I have to but am willing to get it checked out to see if I have to. I remember a local SUOMY contact who was a barfer at one point years ago? Anyone have any information on him or how to get this done?

1hi3.jpg

1fek.jpg

ix57.jpg

Man, I'm bummed that you aren't going with us in July/Aug. It would be a pleasure to ride with you over there.

Man, I'm bummed that you aren't going with us in July/Aug. It would be a pleasure to ride with you over there.

Thx brother....plenty of road ahead for us in the future on other trips

Going to a foreign country, laying around, and not learning anything does nothing for me but everyone is different.

I am the exact same way and it took me a while to figure it out. Was quite a rush when I finally did.

Back